This page has been moved. You are being redirected.
- Assistant professor Applied Linguistics
Office hours: On Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays I am at the university and on Wednesday morning you can reach me by email. On Wednesday afternoon and Fridays I do not work.
Bilingualism, Developmental language disorders, Moroccan-Arabic
At this moment (2009-2010) I teach the following courses:
Master courses Applied Linguistics:
- Bilingualism and reading/writing disorders
- Specific language disorders
- Special Educational Needs and Dyslexia
Bachelor courses Linguistics:
- Introduction to specific language impairment
- Introduction to reading and writing disorders
- Teaching foreign languages
General Bachelor courses:
- Coordinator of Introduction to General Linguistcs (together with Hennie van der Vliet, Lourens de Vries, Jan Noordegraaf, Marca Schasfoort, Fleur van der Houwen, Isa Maks)
- Basic course Moroccan Arabic
- Follow-up course Moroccan Arabic
My research is focused mainly on the interfaces between reading and writing disorders and the language use of L2-children in Dutch. Moroccan children in the Netherlands who speak Moroccan Arabic at home and Dutch in school are my core informants.
- Bos, P. (2009). L2-Dutch and L2-French of Moroccan adolescents in the Netherlands and France. In: N. Alem & J.J. de Ruiter (eds.) The culture of Moroccan migrants in Europe. pp. 7-24. Oujda, Marokko: Université Mohamed I, Faculté des Lettres et des Sciences Humaines.
- Bos, P. (2008). Langage L2-néerlandais et L2-français des adolescents marocains ausx Pays-Bas et en France. In J.J. de Ruiter (ed.) Langues et cultures en contact. Le cas des langues et cultures arabes et turques en France et aux Pays-Bas, pp. 35-56. Paris: l’Harmattan.
- Fritschy, W. & Bos, P. (2007). Introduction. In Morocco and the Netherlands: Society, economy, culture, pp. 7-14. Amsterdam: VU University Press.
- Bos, P. & W. Fritschy (red) (2007). Morocco and the Netherlands. Society, economy, culture. Amsterdam: VU University Press.
Click here for a full list of publications.